Your first unit test is rapidly approaching! It will be a 5-part test on Friday 6 September (9A and 9C) and Monday 9 September (9B). Here are the 5 sections of the test:
- Common equipment – identify by name and use
- Lab safety rules – explain them
- Unit conversion and dimensional analysis – like the HW assignment
- Demonstrate use of graduated cylinder, electronic balance, and Bunsen burner
- Create a data table and a graph from given raw data
Please note that part 4 is a demonstration stage. Each student will be called to the central demo table, where I will observe your skills using a graduated cylinder, electronic balance, and Bunsen burner. You will have exactly 2 minutes to accomplish 3 tasks with these tools, so please make sure you are comfortable using them!
The test will be scored under Criterion C (Scientific Knowledge) and Criterion F (Attitudes in Science).